Our Asian air fryer recipes will make recreating your favourite dishes both effortless and healthier! Almost all modern kitchens will have an air fryer and there is no wonder why. This cooking appliance is great to cook both frozen and fresh meals and it does so without taking much time or effort.
Preparing a full meal for dinner has never been easier with the air fryer and there are tons of recipes that you can follow.
Here are 5 Asian air fryer recipes that you can easily make with your air fryer for dinner. Most of which, are under 5 steps and take less than 20 minutes to make!
Asian Glazed Salmon
A nice piece of salmon steak is always a great choice for dinner and with this Asian air fryer recipe, you do not even need to stand in front of the stove to get a nice, crispy skin.
To make this glazed salmon in the air fryer, you will first need to prepare the marinade.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, sriracha, or any similar hot sauce, minced garlic, and a splash of lime juice in a bowl or a sealable plastic bag.
- Add in the salmon fillet and leave it to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Place the salmon fillet into the air fryer and cook it for about 10 minutes at 200° Celsius.
Before you cook anything in the air fryer, it is best to preheat it so that your food will come out perfectly cooked. It will not take long for the air fryer to heat up and you only need about a few minutes.
Depending on the size of the fillet, you might need to cook it for a minute or two longer, but you can tell if the salmon is done when you can easily flake off a small piece with a fork. You can serve the salmon on its own or you can pair it with some rice or noodles.
Beef with Broccoli
Another classic Asian favourite is stir-fried beef and broccoli but if you want to make it a little healthier, you can try cooking it in the air fryer. It is quick and simple, and you do not need to do much to get great results.
Before you make this dish, you will need to prepare your ingredients, which include marinating the sliced beef and broccoli florets with some basic seasonings.
The beef and broccoli will be cooked in the air fryer, separately from the sauce but both components will come together at the end.
- In the air fryer that has been preheated at 190° Celsius, add in your beef and broccoli and cook for about 10-15 minutes. You can also cook them separately if you like but make sure to toss the beef and broccoli every couple of minutes to cook them evenly.
- While the beef and broccoli are cooking in the air fryer, you can prepare the sauce which is a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, minced ginger, and rice vinegar. You will also need a bit of water but you can also use beef stock for extra flavour.
You will also need to add a spoonful of cornstarch to help the sauce thicken and stick better to the beef and broccoli.
Mix the ingredients for the sauce and add to a pan.
- Once the beef and broccoli are done, you can start cooking the sauce and thicken a little.
- Toss in the beef and broccoli and get them well coated with the sauce. Serve hot with a side of rice and your dinner is ready.
Chicken is always a great protein to cook with the air fryer and if you want an Asian-inspired chicken dish, the sesame chicken is a great choice.
Like the beef and broccoli, the protein and the sauce will be made separately but will be tossed together at the end.
- For this dish, you will use chicken breasts that have been cut into cubes and coated in cornstarch.
- Place the chicken in an air fryer preheated to 190° Celsius for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce which is a mixture of brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ketchup, minced garlic and ginger, light soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a dash of sesame oil. You also need to prepare a slurry, which is cornstarch mixed with equal parts water.
- Right before the chicken is about to be done, add all the sauce ingredients into a pan and slowly cook it till it becomes thick.
- Add in the cooked chicken meat and toss to fully coat with the sauce. Top with sesame seeds and serve hot with some rice or noodles.
Korean Chicken Wings
Another part of the chicken that will cook nicely in the air fryer is the wings and when it comes to wings, these air fryer Korean chicken wings are the way to go if you want some Asian flavours!
While chicken wings are normally served as appetizers, they are still great for dinner.
Air Fryer Korean Chicken Wings | Asian Air Fryer Recipes
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- To prepare the chicken wings, you will need to marinate them in rice wine, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200° Celsius and cook the wings for 10 minutes on each side, a total of 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the spicy sauce by mixing ketchup, Korean chilli paste or gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and sesame oil. Slowly heat the sauce in a small pot and cook until thick.
- Once the air fryer Korean chicken wings are done, baste them with the sauce and it is ready to serve. You can have them on their own or have them with a side of rice.
Calories have been calculated using an online calculator. Nutritional information offered on Honest Food Talks is for general information purposes and are only rough estimations.
Honey Garlic Tofu
If you want a plant-based protein, you can try air-fried tofu with a honey garlic sauce. The tofu will get nice and crispy when you cook it in the air fryer, and it will absorb the sauce really well.
You will need to use extra-firm tofu so that it can hold up well in the air fryer and the sauce so before you cook and cut your tofu, make sure to drain out the excess water and moisture.
- Cut the firm tofu into cubes and season with some basic seasoning and a light coating of corn starch.
- Cook the tofu in an air fryer preheat to 180° Celsius for about 15 minutes, tossing in between to make sure the tofu is thoroughly cooked. You can also cook the tofu for a few minutes longer if you want a crispier exterior.
- As the tofu cooks in the air fryer, combine honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, minced ginger, and some water in a pot. You can also use chicken broth instead of water if you want a more flavourful sauce.
- Begin cooking the sauce right before the tofu is done and add some corn starch at the end to thicken the sauce.
- Add the cooked tofu cubes and completely coat them with the sauce. Once the tofu is done, you can serve it with some rice and a side of vegetables.