Biscoff brownies are a rich, sweet, caramel dessert that are easy to make. This recipe uses the delicious spiced cinnamon spread and tops it off with spiced coffee biscuit crumbles.
It will always leave you wanting more, on its own or paired with ice cream. Scrumptious, luscious, and mouth-watering, this dessert is perfect as an afternoon pick-me-up snack or a midnight treat. Make a large batch of this gooey goodness and enjoy them over the next few days! They keep really well at room temp in Tupperware or in a cake tin.
How To Make Biscoff Brownies
This simple recipe incorporates Lotus Biscoff spread and biscuits to bake Biscoff Brownies with a nice crunchy exterior yet gooey centre. The recipe will make a batch of 12 brownies but you can adjust accordingly to make a smaller or bigger batch in one go.
Biscoff Brownies Recipe
- baking tray
- 250 g Dark Chocolate
- 125 g Butter
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 ml Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 g All-Purpose Flour
- 100 g Lotus Biscoff Spread
- 100 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 175℃. Line the pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place butter and dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat with 30 second intervals. Perform this step until it is warm and well combined. Keep it aside and let it cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Now slowly begin to add the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract to the mixture, whisk till it is well incorporated.
- Add the melted chocolate and combine it well. Add the flour and gently fold to combine with the batter. Mix everything till it is well combined, leaving behind no clumps or air pockets in the mixture.
- Slowly add the batter into your tray. Generously coat the top of the batter with the lotus biscuit spread (around 20 dollops). Use a knife or a skewer to swirl the spread into the batter. You can then top it off with some crushed biscuits.
- Bake the batch of biscoff brownies for around 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist and fudgy crumbs.
- Once the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool down to room temperature. If needed, refrigerate it to make it easier to cut the dessert into square pieces. Voila! Your biscoff brownies are ready to be served.
Calories have been calculated using an online calculator. Nutritional information offered on Honest Food Talks is for general information purposes and are only rough estimations.
Here are some tips you could follow to make the perfect afternoon treat. Try not to overbake your brownies. A lot of people make the mistake of keeping the brownies in the oven once the time is up. Instead, take them out when the centre has just set. They will continue to cook and give you a perfect chocolate fudgy and gooey interior. Although you can’t wait to bite into your sweet caramel brownie, allow it to completely cool before you start slicing them.
Another tip is not completely crushing your biscuits. Put them in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to break them into pieces. It is nice to have bits to bite into and add some crunch.
How to make vegan biscoff brownies
As Lotus Biscoff biscuits are vegan, the spread version is also vegan. Adapt the recipe above by replacing the eggs with 1 tablespoon of flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of water. Replace the butter with equal parts of vegan butter.
You can make different variations of brownies by tweaking the batter further. Adding Oreos, peanut butter, Nutella, chocolate chips or salted caramel can lend a new twist to your lotus biscoff brownies recipe.
Alternatively, you can try this video tutorial by Movers and Bakers.
How to Store
These delicious biscoff brownies can be stored at room temperature in a cake tin for a few days. Put these into the fridge in an airtight container and they will last for up to a week. Brownies can also be frozen and can last up until 3 months. For a fun twist, turn these into small frozen bites to enjoy with cold milk or ice cream!
Follow the recipe to bake delicious brownies just like the Toujours Brownies. Also try Mumbai’s best brownies from Toujours. The brand uses the best-imported ingredients and stringent hygiene when baking their range of brownies. From double chocolate to chocolate walnut that are a must-have for parties, tea-time and brunch!
Make Next: Mini Fluffernutter Brownies, an easy cast iron skillet dessert.