Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee surely costs a lot even for just a cup, but if you are a genuine coffee lover you will not regret your decision.
Some people like to add art to their attire, some to their looks, and some like to do everything in an artistic way in their life. Getting Blue Mountain coffee is considered a way of expressing interest in art and ethnicity to some joe lovers.
The people who are not satisfied with something regular mostly show interest to taste authentic Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee. This beverage’s unique aroma and flavour make it an exclusive choice.
The taste of the beans separates it from any regular one. This drink has the power to reach every sense of the human body and refresh it on a new level. The aroma has a unique delicacy which makes it exclusive among all kinds.
This Jamaican coffee has a speciality that provides a new experience every time you drink it!
Although, no matter how good it tastes, you can only taste the drink if you can afford it. These luxury beans will cost you a good amount of money if you want to taste it even once!
So, if buying a packet of your own does not fit within your budget, you can easily enjoy a mug of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee in a restaurant. If you are a coffee enthusiast and do not want to miss out on anything, then you should try at least one cup of the smooth blue mountain once in your life.
Trust us, you will not regret it. It really is worth every penny.
Exceptional Flavour and Fragrance
For the enthusiasts, preference depends on different criteria. One may prefer one type because of the aroma while someone else may prefer one kind over another because of the taste. Some enthusiasts also desire a specific texture.
However, the taste of a coffee depends on several variables. These include the weather, fertility of the land, amount of rainfall, fogginess of the weather, etc.
The Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is grown in a particular manner that makes the taste exquisitely unique. We read that everything is done by hand. From the sowing to selecting, and even the picking and drying of the beans are done by hand. As from ancient times, everything done completely by hand has its own speciality.
These Jamaican beans has its very different yet attractive aroma which comes with a soothing taste. The taste is a blend of sweetness with a touch of floral and herbal refreshment; it also leaves a nutty taste at the end of the sip.
Some people find the taste rich, while some find it mild. The best thing is, the Blue Mountain coffee does not have an acidic reaction to the stomach. Furthermore, this type of bean has no bitter taste like any other bean.
Is Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee worth the price?
Unlike any other exclusive item, some brands or products do focus more on quality over quantity. This brand is one of them.
However, some people still have some queries about the price. Let’s have a look at why this coffee deserves to be priced higher than any other of its peers:
- We found that more than 80% of Blue Mountain coffee is sold to Japan. The remainder is sold to the rest of the world, which is quite a low proportion compared to its demand. This automatically creates an exceptional demand for the beans in the market which increases the end price.
- The Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee is mainly cultivated in Saint Mary, Saint Thomas, and the land of Saint Andrew. As the lands of these are more fertile than others, their products will be more expensive.
- We reiterate that the whole process of this coffee is done by hand. Because of this, it is understandable that the entire process requires plenty of time and energy. Such work undoubtedly requires a high amount of pay. So, it is quite understandable that this type of work involves significant labour costs which ultimately increases the total price.
- Unlike any other harvesters, the farmers of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee do not get to harvest in plain land. They have to do the work on sharp cliff tops which makes the work difficult. The whole harvesting process involves uncountable hardships and difficulties.
- These unique beans require a long time to grow compared to any other types. They require more than four years while other beans are ready to brew only in one year or a little more. The growers have to grow the plants for almost a year before actually sowing them in the soil.
Verify The Authenticity From The Label
Unlike thousands of precious products, the Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee, unfortunately, has numerous replicas available in the market. Some dishonest businesses have been trying to sell fraudulent batches for years.
- In order to verify that you are purchasing authentic coffee beans, you need to clearly know as much as you can about the beans. Here are some important facts that will aid you.
- Before getting approved and sealed, the beans must pass through many detailed observations and restrictions imposed by the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica. The board started in 2018 under the Jamaica Agricultural Regulatory Authority (JACRA).
- Before getting packed, each of the coffee beans is carefully checked and finalized by the JACRA committee. Standards are followed for every tub of green beans very rigidly by the allotted members.
Do not forget to check the quality certification in the packaging when you are going to buy a packet of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee. The packaging always comes with a quality certification which is labelled to certify the authenticity and protect the brand from fakes.
Do Not Spoil The Taste By Brewing It Wrong!
Some people like to have their caffeineted beverage alone, while others prefer it with some snacks. However, if you really like to have the authentic taste of these treasured beans, you should try it solo without any snack or biscuits.
To get a genuine taste, you have to know the proper way to brew the coffee.
Before you pay a bundle of money to get a packet of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee, make sure you buy the whole beans instead of ground beans. You should do the grinding on your own.
After grinding the beans on your own, the house will be filled with a rich and intense aroma of the coffee from the brewing process. It will refresh your every sense with a whole new flavour of aroma.
Do not forget to use a first-rate coffee grinder to do the grinding and choose the brewing method wisely. If you do not grind or brew properly, the taste will not come outright. Furthermore, a decent brewing process is even considered as art among some coffee enthusiasts!
How To Brew Blue Mountain Coffee
To bring out the authentic taste you should brew the Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee in the following way:
- Never use tap or raw water to make the beverage. The taste will remain authentic if you brew the coffee in filtered water.
- Do not heat the water more than 92.2 degrees Celcius (or 198 degrees Fahrenheit) or the taste will be ruined. It is another reason why experts suggest making the cuppa on your own. Very few restaurants know the exact temperature of the brewing process. Furthermore, boiling water can spoil the actual taste of any coffee and it will taste burnt.
- If the water is not hot enough, the Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee beans will not brew properly. To be sure about the perfect temperature, just keep aside the water for about 2 minutes after boiling.
- Never grind the beans a long time before you start brewing. If you keep the ground beans in an open space for a long time, they will lose both taste and scent. It will be best for both the flavour and aroma if you select a coarser grind.
How To Prepare Japanese-Style Pour-Over Coffee
If you would like to prepare pour-over coffee, you can refer to this Youtube video by Today’s Coffee Channel.
If you are a true cuppa lover you should try the authentic, exclusive, and treasured flavour of the Jamaican beans at least once in your life.
The taste of the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee will make you feel you are on top of everything, well at least you can reach the peak of coffee paradise!
You will forget about the price when the elusive flavour fills every sense of your mind as soon as you take the very first sip from the cup.
Are you also a tea lover? Read our guide on the 5 basic types of tea and their benefits!