The usual way to finish dishes is through handwashing. It is believed to be more hygienic and eco-friendly than dishwashers. However, there are several factors to consider to better distinguish which could be more reliable between the options.
The truth is, washing by hand does not guarantee the best possible results, like what was said a while ago. It is wasting your time and water each day. Below are the reasons to buy a dishwasher instead of doing dishes by hand.
It is said earlier that handwashing is more hygienic, but that is a misconception. Dishwashers have a unique feature when it comes to water temperature that is unlikely with handwashing. Dirty dishes contain various germs and a higher temperature of the water is necessary to get rid of them.
High-quality dishwashers can provide your desired level of water more than 60-degrees Celsius. This amount is enough to kill bacteria and germs on your dishes, which handwashing cannot do. It also adheres to the safety standards upon dishwasher cycles to better clean plates and glasses.
Handwashing dishes may take time and so steals your chance to do other chores. It is six times slower to wash plates than using a dishwasher according to Bonn University in 2009. It also demands so much effort, like cleaning the dishes over and over again to remove any particles.
With a high-end dishwasher, you can finish dishes in less than 10 minutes without even touching them. It is more convenient and much faster to load and unload dishes from the equipment. Make sure to utilize proper detergent to enjoy the best outcome.
Water and energy bill gets higher as the household wash dishes by hand every day. The remedy would be to invest in dishwashers to lessen the consumption.
Many families in European countries can testify it is true. As they begin to use a dishwasher, water consumption is cut in half and a quarter in the overall electricity bill. A dishwasher is not only time-efficient but also cuts the overall cost.
Reduce Detergent Use
Among your expenses when you wash dishes by hand is buying detergent. It can be very expensive in the long run. In addition to that, handwashing gives you no control over how much detergent you put on a sponge in every wash. This results in buying another detergent more often.
Such a problem could be avoided using a dishwasher. It has a feature that can determine the right amount of detergent needed in a particular wash. In other words, you can control the detergent level according to your needs.
Dry Dishes After Washing
After handwashing the dishes, they must be dried using a towel. It is unhygienic as towels may store germs for a long time. Well, everyone knows how germs can be transferred quickly from one place to another.
Dishwashers have a drying feature that works automatically. There is no need to grab a towel and wipe the dishes by yourself. Compared to handwashing, it is more hygienic and even faster when you can use the dishes right away.
Different Types of Dishwashers You Can Buy Online
Here are dishwasher types you can consider buying for your kitchen needs:
- Commercial Dishwashers: This type of dishwasher is suitable for food businesses, such as restaurants, bars, and cafes. It is capable of washing a limited number of dishes all at once. However, it offers multiple cycle times which allow you to wash dishes more often. They are also portable and easy to install.
- Built-In Dishwashers: It is best to install built-in dishwashers under the bench with their compact size. The installation is permanent and may not be appropriate if you want to move it around someday. It also operates quietly unlike any other machine.
- Countertop Dishwashers: This one is ideal for small families with a lesser capacity for dishes. It is not built-in and easy to move around whenever needed. It also does not demand more space for installation, like a portable dishwasher.
- Integrated Dishwashers: These are good-looking dishwashers that can enhance the aesthetics of your kitchen. It has hidden controls and is very easy to operate. Installing an integrated dishwasher is perfect for smaller kitchens because it is easy to conceal as well.
- Drawer Dishwashers: This dishwasher is similar to other appliances like refrigerators in how it looks. It benefits people who have back problems to use a dishwasher with its unique design. You can also wash different dishes through this equipment without a hassle.
Commercial dishwashers in Sydney, Australia are one of the most bought appliances in the F&B market. It is a great solution to finish dishes quickly and is suitable for your budget and needs.
There is a wide range of dishwashers to choose from depending on the number of dishes you wash every day. Each product comes from different popular brands that can guarantee quality performance. Additionally, be careful in choosing a detergent as it can impact the overall result of the chore.
To summarize everything, dishwashers are a useful tool for every household and also for restaurants. It speeds up the washing cycle of dishes rather than doing it by hand.
With the right dishwasher, you can perform other chores while waiting for the dishes. Finding a reliable seller can be hard if it is your first time so better do research and ask the experts which to choose.
Some cookware may not suitable for the dishwasher, unfortunately. In those cases, you may need to handwash them using the right technique. Click here to learn more about how to properly hand clean your cookware.