Guest post with Honest Food Talks and share your latest foodie experiences. Whether you’re an amateur writer, budding blogger, or avid food critic, we want to hear from you. We aim to provide our readers with quality content. All we ask is that what you submit is genuine and it’s your honest opinion.
We strongly recommend you read our submission guidelines below before sending us an email.
Not only do we go through our criteria, but we also tell you how you can guarantee a response from our editorial team.
So make sure you read to the very end to find out.
We accept guest posts of 2000 words or more from all over the world. Full credit will be given to you so you can use our platform to build your reputation in the foodie world.
Join our community of globetrotting foodies and become a contributor to Honest Food Talks today.
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
We are currently only accepting guest posts on topics related to food and travel. Your guest article can range from:
- Reviews - Went to a restaurant and absolutely loved it? Or, tried a new cooking gadget and think our readers would love it? Reviews can range between restaurants, cafes, and bars to food products and kitchen goods.
- Guides - Analysing a particular topic in food. Experts in the field should write this and intend to give the reader a good breakdown of the topic of interest.
- Opinion - Do you have a strong opinion on something in the food and beverage industry and have research to back it up? Start a discussion about the latest food trends on our website.
- Tutorials and Recipes - Love developing recipes? Or, have a family recipe you’d love to share? Then this is for you. Show our readers how to cook your favourite dish.
Frequently Asked Questions about Guest Posting
Here are some frequently asked questions about submitting content to our website.
Who can submit an article?
We do not accept guest posts from SEO agencies. Any individual can submit a guest post to us. In fact, a lot of our guest writers are first-timers at blogging and have used our platform to hone their writing skills.
If you are stuck with ideas but still want to write, send us an email. Let us know your background, and we’ll suggest a few easy topics you can approach.
What is the required word length?
As a general guideline, your guest post should be at least 2000 words.
Should I include images?
Please include 2-3 images. Preferably, these should be landscape orientation images with short captions, submitted as an attachment along with your content.
Is there a particular tone or format style that I should follow?
Our guest writers have the choice to write in the first person or third person. The style of the article is up to you unless specified by an editor.
For easy reading, each paragraph should not be longer than 3-4 sentences. Where sensible, use subheadings to break up the text.
1-10 should be written as “one-ten” in a sentence (with the exception given to food prices).
How do I submit a guest article?
Any article submitted to Honest Food Talks should be sent to email@example.com in a Word document with images attached.
What happens after I submit an article?
This is subject to review by a member of the editorial team who will proofread your work and suggest edits. We do not accept duplicate content. We will not publish your article if it has already been published elsewhere.
Our editorial review process currently takes around 2-4 weeks. Once approved by an Editor, your content will be published on our website and shared with you.
How will you credit me for my guest article submission?
We will always fully credit our guest writers with a mention to your website or social media channel.
Once your article has been published, we will share this on our social media channels (e.g. Instagram) and tag you.
For regular guest writers (more than 3 posts), we will also create a dedicated author page and add you to our list of featured writers. To do so, please provide a small introduction about yourself. This should be around 2 - 3 sentences, as well as an image.
Can I post anonymously?
We encourage everyone to post under their real name as we firmly believe this will help you grow your confidence in food writing.
However, if you don’t want your name to be revealed, Honest Food Talks can post under a pseudonym, keeping your identity anonymous.
How to Guarantee a Response
We receive daily pitches from writers who would like to guest post with us. Therefore we may not be able to reply to everyone.
However, you can get our attention by doing the following:
- Address your email to Anna Ando (We'll be very impressed if you know who she is.)
- Tell us what is your favourite article on our site
- Please provide us with an example of your past work. This can also be your own social media handle, we'd love to see your passion for food.