Have you ever had a fluffernutter sandwich? These were a childhood favorite of mine. A thick spread of crunchy peanut butter and a big, sticky glob of marshmallow fluff snuggled between white sandwich bread. If I was feeling extra decadent, I would toast it up a bit. It reminded me of those cool summer evenings toasting marshmallows in my backyard fire pit.
These mini skillet desserts combine the flavors of my favorite fluffernutter sandwich with fudgy, brownies! The brownies are made with half semi-sweet chocolate and half dark chocolate for some added indulgence. Brownie batter is swirled with big dollops of sweetened peanut butter and topped with marshmallows. The skillets are put under a broiler so those marshmallows get all nice and toasty. It smells like a campfire in your kitchen! Top with melted peanut butter and crushed peanuts and serve these to your guests hot out of the oven! You may want a glass of milk on the side. These are RICH!
I am absolutely obsessed with individual desserts. I mean, look how cute these mini cast iron skillets are! If you ever come over to my house for dinner, you will ALWAYS be served dessert and 99% of the time, you will get an individual dessert. I like baking mini cakes, mini galettes, mini pies, mini cheesecakes; seriously, I LOVE mini desserts! Serving your guest a personal 3-layer cake looks so much more impressive than just a slice. The same goes for mini skillet brownies. No one will complain if you serve them a slice of a brownie, but who doesn’t want to have a whole skillet to themselves? These mini skillet fluffernutter brownies are absolutely picture perfect for your next dinner party!
Mini Skillet Fluffernutter Brownies Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Peanut butter and crushed peanuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 mini cast iron skillets.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt ¾ cup of butter, semi-sweet chocolate and dark chocolate at 30-second intervals whisking in between until smooth. Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour and salt. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Batter will be THICK. Set aside.
- Melt the other ¼ cup of butter. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Drop a spoonful of brownie batter into each mini skillet. Then, drop a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture into each skillet. Fill in the bare spots with more brownie batter then peanut butter until each skillet is almost completely full. Swirl the batters together using a knife or toothpick.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn oven to broil. Top each skillet with marshmallows and broil for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows are nice and toasty. Top with more melted peanut butter and crushed peanuts if desired. Serve immediately!
If you don’t have mini cast iron skillets, you could bake them in ramekins or muffin tins. If using muffin tins, take the brownies out of the pan before broiling with marshmallows. Or if mini desserts aren’t your thing, you can make the brownies in a 9×13 baking dish instead. You may need to adjust the baking time! Regardless of what pan you use to make these brownies, they will surely taste DELICIOUS!
If you make these brownies, tag me @LagomEats on Instagram and use #LagomEats. I would love to see your adorable mini skillet fluffernutter brownies!
Make Next: Delicious Vegan Lotus Biscoff Brownies